In consideration of some of our students that have severe food allergies that could be life-threatening, we have a strict policy of limiting the type of snacks that your child may bring to Bridges. The list of approved snacks is listed below. All other snacks are strictly prohibited. Please do not give your child any snacks to bring to Bridges that are not on this list.
This list is periodically updated.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables (not dried)
- Plain yogurt
- Apple sauce
- Raisins (please read package and confirm no cross-contamination with peanuts)
- Plain popcorn
- Freeze-Dried Nature's All Foods
- Enjoy Life food products
- Quaker Quakes Rice Snacks -- Carmel Corn, Ranch, Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper & Kettle Corn
- Nabisco Honey Maid Graham Crackers -- Honey & Cinnamon
- Keebler Grahams -- Original, Cinnamon & Honey
- Keebler Club Crackers -- Original & Multi-Grain
- Town House Crackers -- Original & Wheat
- Nutri Grain Cereal Bars -- Blueberry, Strawberry & Apple Cinnamon
- Newtons Cookies -- Original Fig, Strawberry and Raspberry
(updated as of February 1, 2015)
DISCLAIMER: THE LIST WAS COMPILED BASED ON INFORMATION REGARDING INGREDIENTS AND MANUFACTURING PROCEDURES COMPILED FROM CLAIMS MADE BY THE PRODUCTS’ MANUFACTURERS ON THEIR LABELS OR THROUGH OTHER MEANS AND MAY ALREADY BE OUT OF DATE. ALTHOUGH EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE TO BE AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE, WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MADE BY US OR THE PRODUCTS’ RESPECTIVE MANUFACTURERS. FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH FOOD ALLERGIES, PLEASE NOTE THAT PURSUANT TO SECTION 7 OF THE INSTRUCTIONAL AGREEMENT, WE CANNOT CONTROL ALL FOOD ITEMS THAT ARE BROUGHT INTO BRWI AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT WE CAN SAFELY ACCOMMODATE EACH STUDENT'S SPECIFIC FOOD ALLERGY.